Business Plan In Rentals And Real Estate Investing
Residential Rental Real Estate Investing is one of the most attractive ways to making good money. It’s an art and, like any art, it takes time to master the art of real estate investing. The key, of course, is to buy at a lower price and sell at higher price and make a profit even after paying all the costs involved in the two (buy/sell) transactions. Generally, people are of the opinion that real estate investing makes sense only when the rates are on the rise. However, real estate investing for profits is possible just about any time (and as I just said, real estate investing is an art).
Here is a list of strategies that can make real estate investing profitable for you:
Looking for old listings:
- The old listings that are still unsold may provide you with good real estate investing opportunities. Just get hold of an old newspaper and call up the sellers. They might have given up hope of selling that property at all and with a bit of negotiation you can get the property for a real low price.
The hidden treasure:
- A really old (and dirty) looking house may scare off buyers. But this might be your chance for real estate investing that can yield good profits. So, explore such properties and check if spending a bit on them can make them shine. You can get these at very low prices and make a big profit in a short time.
Look for public auctions, divorce settlements and foreclosures (bank/FHA/VA):
- Since quick settlement is the preference here (and not price), you might get a property at a price that is much lower than the prevailing market rate. You can then make arrangements to sell it at the market rate over a short period of time. However, make sure that the property is worth the price you are paying.
Keep tab on the newspaper announcements:
- Property sell offs due to deaths, divorce settlements, immediate cash requirements and other reason are frequently announced in local papers. Keep track of such real estate investing avenues.
Team up with attorneys:
- There are a number of attorneys who handle property sales on behalf of sellers or in special circumstances (like the death of the property owner). They might sometimes be looking to dispose off the property rather quickly and hence at a low price. Be the first one to grab such real estate investing opportunities and enjoy the profits.
Thus, Investing in Real Estate Rentals not just a good idea but one of the most attractive ways of making good money (that is if you do it correct). Moreover, real estate investing is also a lot of fun. A lot of people practice real estate investing as their core profession and, in fact, make a lot of money that way.
CLICK HERE for MORE REAL ESTATE TIPS 2012
- Creative Marketing Tips for Selling A Home – Today I want to share some of my favorite secret home-sale marketing techniques with you but only if your promise not to use them against me if you decide to sell a home in my neighborhood.
- 7 Beginner Real Estate Investing Mistakes to Avoid – There are a lot of mistakes that can be made in Real Estate. In fact, many savvy investors still make mistakes or have overcome huge mistakes in their investing careers. The keys are to recognize, avoid, learn and move forward from these potential pitfalls.
- How to Negotiate: 7 Real Estate Negotiation Tips – I love to negotiate! Whether it’s buying furniture off of Craigslist or being part of a multi-billion dollar corporate merger team (I’ve done both), I love the challenge of trying to get a great deal for myself while at the same time making the other person feel like they got a great deal too.
- Tips for Making Offers on Real Estate – In today’s post, I want to focus on something that you will need to do time and time again as a real estate investor: make offers on properties.
- The Top 100 Ways To Make Money In Real Estate – Let’s just say it involves a plugged toilet, three college-aged tenants, three weeks of procrastination (with continual use of that plugged toilet), and my bad mistake of not hiring a plumber. It was a low point in my investing career but a turning point as well. I realized the type of investor I wanted to be and the type of investor I did not want to be.
- The Basics; Tips for Finding Houses and Making Offers – My market is like a lot of other markets. We have an active investors group with a lot of educated folks that earn their living as real estate investors. So there is a lot of competition here for good deals.
- Customer Service Tips To Set You Apart As A Real Estate Professional – I don’t do business with you because of your product. I do business with you because of the service you give and the perceived value I get from that. It helps me sleep at night from 1,000 miles away.
- Creating .SRT files for your subtitles. « The STA Program … – Adding subtitles to a movie or video clip is a very common request from faculty and students.
- 9 Tips To Help You Find The Right Commercial Real Estate Broker – Test to see if the broker’s interests are aligned with yours by asking. The single biggest problem with the client-broker relationship is the compensation structure, it’s not in the broker’s best interest financially to get the client the best deal.
- 4 Tips for Creating Killer Real Estate Marketing Emails – Did you realize that you could currently be sitting on a mound of cash for your business? Leads that are literally ripe for the picking?
- Understanding Probate Real Estate: Investing Tips, Marketing Advice – Probate real estate investing is one of my favorite strategies. I have found the folks in probate to be one of the most motivated groups of sellers, as they almost always want to sell the property in the estate.
- Six House Flipping Tips – You might call it obsessive, but I listen to Pandora Radio for at least ten hours a day. In case you are unaware of this amazing piece of technology, Pandora is an online radio program which plays only music that is similar to songs you already love.